Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wish big

Making cards for special people rates high on my crafting things I love and you get to add special touches that are unique to the person that you are giving them to.  And as I make them I am thinking of and praying for the person that I make it for.

The idea for these cards came from this card from Danielle Flanders and this one by Maggie Holmes from a Studio Calico Kit that I had pinned on my pinterest board Cards for Her.  Great to have inspiration at your fingertips, especially when you haven't been creating for a while and are in a bit of a rut.  I used my alpha die from Papertrey Ink to recreate the WISH tag effect.  I had a couple of cards to make and decided to use the cut out letters to create another card rather than throw away or drop them in the bottom of a pile somewhere.  The washi tape made it super simple to do.




Pin It

Colours: very vanilla, baja breeze, calypso coral, blushing bride
Stamps:  stylish sentiments - birthday and happy trails (PTI), sketchy flourishes (inkadinkadoo)
Finishing touches:  paper and ruffled ribbon (SU), watercolouring, rhinestones, headline alpha die (PTI), stitching, eyelet sticker, flower embellishment (rosies studio), essentials hardward clip (SU), washi tape

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...