Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Cards for sale

There have been a number of craft markets about New Plymouth that some of my crafting friends have had tables at.  When I got into stamping and cardmaking I bought products with the intention to sell cards that I had made.  Apart from making some for friends and my husbands work I haven't really made that many and branched any further into the market.  Seems like enough to keep up with making cards to give.  Anyway after being asked whether I wanted to have some cards to sell I put together what I had and made a stack more.

I started with repeats of cards that I had made.  You can see the originals here and here.




 And as the boy cards were few and far between I pulled out some boy products and picked a colour combo and had a play.




Pin It




Colours:  white, basic grey, baja breeze, pacific point
Stamps:  kids zone (kaiser), itty bitty banners (SU),notes (studio g)
Finishing touches:  paper clip embellishments (unknown) , papers (various), star punch, notebook die (verve), banner die (SU), washi tape, circle punch, rub ons (rasberry), stars embossing folder (craft concepts), chevron embossing folder (SU)

Needless to say my cards didn't sell.  I had a chance to use them again at a ladies night fundraiser through our school.  I put together more of my organisation side of things and with my recent clean outs added a discount basket of supplies that was all but empty at the end of the night.  There is definitely a lot more to putting together a table for sales than just putting out your product.  What I did learn is that it isn't what I want to get into.  I will still make cards for sale but not for markets.  And my card stash is rather healthy.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...