Thursday, May 5, 2011

Inspired by design



I can never go to far without being inspired by something. I find it particularly helpful for coming up with ideas for male cards. I am always checking out my boys shirts for ideas as you can see here and here. This card was inspired by one of my husbands. It wasn't until I found Fiskars layer away stamp set that I was able to put it together how I wanted. I realise as I write that I should have taken a photo of the shirt but he's wearing it. {Will have to update this one}. It really gets the creative juices flowing pulling out stamps and colours to try and recreate something using what you have.

Colours: going grey, basic black, very vanilla, tempting turquoise, garden green
Stamps: layer away variety (fiskars), all about me (kaiser), circle of friendship (SU)
Finishing touches: stamps die (cuttlebug), pop dots, brown sugar embossing powder (american crafts)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Colleen, Your card is gorgeous! Wow! I love all the circles! Wow again! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...