Sunday, May 29, 2011

Still trying new techniques


When something catches my eye while I have been blog hopping I don't usually get back to using the inspiration. So I have been bookmarking the ones I have seen and actually using them. It also means that when I post it I have the reference to link to.

The inspiration for this one comes from Angela McKay at North Shore Stamper. Her card using the morning cup stamp set and Elegant Soiree DSP from Stampin Up uses my favourite colours and although I don't have the papers I do have a similar set from kaiser that I could use. I did get stuck with what to use in the boxes until I found my butterflies from Bella! I was originally going to use my new found crocheting skills for the flower but didn't quite get there. So tried out the rolled flowers that have been showing up of late.

Colours: early espresso, baja breeze, very vanilla
Stamps: impressions (bella!), vintage labels (SU)
Finishing touches: praire lane designer paper (kaiser), ribbon, square and circle scallop punches and linen thread (SU), faux stitching, square punch, label punch

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh...I love the flowers you created...this is a a gorgeous card Colleen!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

I love it Colleen!!!!! That is stunning! Thanks for the link:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...