Thursday, March 17, 2011

Trying new things






I have definitely been on a roll with my scrapbooking. It started out with a retreat to my mums with her and my sister at the end of last year and again with a retreat to Wanganui. It was great to be able to focus fully on what I am wanting to achieve and try out different things. One of my places for inspiration has been Lain Ehmann at Layout a Day. The biggest thing I took from her was that the more you do the better you get at it. And that you don't actually have to have great amounts of time because you will still be waiting. Her idea of chunking things that can be done into 15 min time slots is great. Because we can't always get away for weekend retreats!

So I have had a go at some things that I have ideas for. Things like using paint on my page, random placing, a magazine cover. And I have been telling more of our story, not just the facts. Something that I keep coming back to as I read blogs like Ali Edwards and Becky Higgins. So much to learn.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...