Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March Stamp Club



I set the challenge for this month which was to take a page from a bag of magazine cut outs to use as inspiration. I decided to go royal. The colour and ribbon that are in the hat gave me the starting point with the sheer ribbon. I have recently been on a scrapbooking retreat {I really need to tell about this one!} and bought a new punch from x cut called running stitch. the magazine that everyone seemed to have from do craft had a card using the punch and threading the ribbon through. Mum had a go at it and wasn't successful so I just had to have a go and make her one for her birthday. Having meant to use my calendar books for gifts and not got onto it I figure they will make great birthday cards with the persons birthdate on it {thanks to some inspiration from a card I got for my birthday). Very pleased with the end result.

colours: night of navy, ballet blue, bashful blue, whit
Stamps: baroque motifs and vintage labels (SU)
Finishing touches: calendar page, buttons, white embossing powder, running stitch punch (x cut)

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Hi Colleen. I love your 'royal card'. Im quite sure I would have looked at the picture and been at a loss at just how to turn it into a card. You are super clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...