Thursday, May 9, 2013

A winner in more ways than one!

What an amazing time I had on the Big Picture Classes Creative Crop

Big Picture Classes

I got some great inspiration from the challenges, 10 new layouts completed and as if that isn't enough I won a place in 28 Days of Sketches!  A lovely surprise in my inbox - thanks so much to Donna Jannuzzi who was giving away the place in the class on her blog Ecclesia Domestica.  Doing a happy dance.  Always a bonus to be a winner.

My amazing husband took all the boys out on a wet and wild day for the whole day. They had a blast and so did I. The crop actually started at 5 am our time so I had some catching up to do. I started out by laying out the challenges and choosing the photos to go with them. Then I pulled out all my supplies to go with.  It made it so much easier to get started on the challenges.

With two extra days to get the challenges done I got them all done and entered.

 Challenge One:  Use I statements to discover a new story.
A chance to get yourself in your albums and tell your story

Challenge Two:  Use a pocket page to add additional photos
here is the layout with the pocket page closed

Challenge Three:  Create a summer bucket list
Because it is coming into summer in the States.  It was a chance for me to reflect on our summer just been and think about what I want for next time

Challenge Four:  Using a sketch for multiple photos

Challenge Five: Using the sketch create a layout of something you love
Loved the card to download  This was one of my favourite layouts for the day.


Challenge Six:  Take a creative hike and try something you don't always do
Enjoyed being part of the live chat with May Flaum on this one

Challenge Seven:  Scrapbook the last photos on your mobile

Challenge Eight:  Use arrows to emphasise your journalling
You can see Ali Edwards inspiration here

Challenge Nine: Use your own handwriting on your page
This is something I do all the time
Enjoyed being a part of the live chat with Karen Grunberg on this one

Challenge Ten: Create a page sharing why you are grateful for a relationship in your life

So there you go.  What a day!  Loved it.  Looking forward to checking out the new class.  Look for more layouts using sketches to come.  Big thanks to Big Picture Classes.


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...