Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Home blessings - Week Three

This week the projects are blessing verses as wall art using different techniques for the type.  I choose canvas blocks to do both and ended up with something very different to what I had started out with.
I began by selecting the verses that I wanted.  After listening to the sermon at church in the morning {a faith of leap}, the first is about taking risks and stepping out of my comfort zone.  The second is a reminder to give thanks as I mentioned with my blessings teapot
I realised with the amount of words that they needed to be smaller and I wouldn't be able to paint them so I used my typewriter alpha die by cuttlebug.  It still took a while to put them on!    After painting the canvas I didn't like the bright colour so much and decided to use my dictionary pages again. I love the end result.  I have been looking at art journals for sometime and can say that I have made a start with playing with the idea.  The original project was a simple design.  I will definitely keep it tucked away for future reference.  Sometimes the best things can start from a simple idea.


 
Pin It
Colourtempting turquoise, blush blossom, tangerine tango, white
Stamps:  pleasant poppies (SU) , le chateau (kaiser) impressions (bella!)
Finishing touches: canvas blocks, paint, sponge, word stickers (kaiser), typewriter alpha die (cuttlebug), dictionary pages

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...