Saturday, July 9, 2011

Trying something new

I have seen this bootprint image on a store in town and thought it would make a great stamp so wanted to have a play. I tried to 'stamp' using the print from one of my son's shoe but it was too big, so found an image on the computer to use instead. I added the embossed foil as a technique that I wanted to try with the diamond plate cuttlebug embossing plate {a bit more industrial}. Having just taken a drive around the coast I was also inspired to make some signs to add to it. Definitely need to have more of a play as it didn't turn out quite how I pictured it. Always love a challenge to use what I have to create something I have seen. I made another as they are for fathers day later in the year.

Colours: early espresso, cajun craze, so saffron, silver
Stamps: tool time and tools (clear dollar stamps)
Finishing touches: footprint image, silver foil, diamond plate embossing folder (cuttlebug), corner rounder, typewriter die (provocraft)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...