Saturday, July 9, 2011

Learnt to crochet


On my last visit with Mum I had a chance to learn how to crochet. WIth the basic steps and how to follow a pattern I was able to make flowers. So I have been having a play with different wool. Different thicknesses give different sizes.
Because the flower is the focus there wasn't much more to add. I made a cream flower to go with the twill tape. The colour strip was inspired by a card from Nichole Heady for the papertrey ink blog hop which you can see here. I am looking forward to using more of my new found skill.
Colours: very vanilla, riding hood red, certainly celery, tangerine tango, chocolate chip, baja breeze
Stamps: vintage labels
Finishing touches: twill tape, crochet flower, button, stitching, linen thread

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Great job Colleen! Love how the happy matches the colors as well. This would make a great gift if you popped a pin on the back of your sweet flower!

Judy said...

This is so pretty I love the crocheted flower..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...