Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July Stamp Club



The challenge for this month was a pop up card. I started by looking on google and came up with some great ideas. It was when I was reading a pop up story to one of the boys that I decided to try out one that had a picture that moved up and down. After putting together the different parts I had some trouble getting it to sit right and ended up putting it together in the centre. Still pops up. I think I will stick to the less complicated.

Needing a card for a farewell at my husbands work gave the theme for the card. As I haven't used my sock monkey stamp set it gave a great start for the pop up image. As I usually put the details on the outside of the card I had fun putting together different papers patterns. Although as a stamp club challenge it is focused on Stampin Up products, I couldn't resist using my new stamps from Papertrey Ink to make a background to pull all the colours together. Looking forward to having more of a play with the rest. And after seeing the Christmas card using the new hanging out stamp set by Nichole at Capture the Moment I had to try putting together the postmark sentiment.

Colours: white, bravo burgandy, basic grey, blushing bride
Stamps: sock monkey and more monkey accessories, background sampler, whimsical words and itty bitty pieces (SU), a little argyle and tiny tags (papertrey), all about me (kaiser)
Finishing touches: bitty buttons, blushing bride stitched ribbon and DSP (SU), upper crest border punch (fiskars), stitching, white embossing powder.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...