Wednesday, April 20, 2011

May Stamp Club




Despite completing a few projects of late I have been feeling a bit flat in terms of getting into my scrapping space and creating. So what better way to get going again than a challenge. Seeing as we got our next months challenge for stamp club I thought I would get onto it early. This one is take the sketch and see what we come up with. I have several boys cards to make and like to use my challenges for something I need. After pondering for some time as to what to do, so that I stick to using mainly Stampin Up products, I started with the buttons. More mustard isn't particularly a favourite of mine so it added more to the challenge. Playing with a few different combos came up with grey and black. I added to it the inspiration from Papertrey Inks April 2011 release which you can find at Nicoles blog here. In particular this jeans card from Betsy Veldman. . I love their stamps and one day will get on to getting some. In the meantime the challenge as always to create with what you have.
After lots of playing and adding bits {I even used my sewing machine!} I was very pleased with the end result. So much so that I made two more in different colours to make use of all the things being out and the effort that goes into one card.

Colours: more mustard, bravo burgandy, old olive, basic grey and black
Stamps: in the stars, sanded, little pieces, background sampler, cirle of friendship, rough type
Finishing Touches: stitching, black embossing powder, colour spritzer, star punch, buttons, linen thread, distressing tool

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...