Sunday, August 28, 2011

A birthday card to make


My oldest was off to a birthday party . I had sorted the present and needed to make a card to go with it. Trying to come up with something girly I decided to start with a crochet flower. Thanks to a comment from Lyn who suggested to pop a pin on the back to make it part of the gift on this post.
With the flower started I was inspired by a colour combo in the new Stampin Up catalogue using their Pocket Full of Posies DSP on page 84. I used my background stamps from PTI to put together some papers of my own. Card sorted.

Colours: rich razzleberry, baja breeze, white
Stamps: background basics - retro (PTI), vintage labels (SU)
Finishing touches: crochet flower pin, button, grosgrain ribbon baja breeze, apron lace punch (fiskars), photo corner punch (SU), distress tool


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...