Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthday cards for sale




I had a request from a coworker at my husbands work for a couple of birthday cards. One was something with owls and the other to do with gardening. Owls are about in all shapes and sizes. The Wise Owl stamps set from Papertrey Ink is on my wish list. I also found this great card from Jennifer McGuire. In the meantime I got creative putting together some bits and pieces on a variation of this card that I made a while back. The colours were inspired from a recent purchase of buttons {some you can see on the card}. Love how the chevron stripes pulled them all together.


The gardening card started with the gardening stamps from elzybells {such great stamps, shame they closed down}. I had the mesh in my stash for just such an occasion {it is actually builders tape}. Lavender came to mind and so the colours followed. Very pleased with how it turned out.

Colours: certainly celery, almost amethyst, concord crush
Stamps: barrow and pots & seeds (elzybells), sense of time, natural beauty, background sampler and vintage labels (SU), impressions (bella)
Finishing touches: mesh, dazzling diamonds, button, certainly celery stitched-poly ribbon, linen thread, rhinestones

Colours: very vanilla, certainly celery, early espresso, bashful blue, blush blossom, blushing bride, rose red
Stamps: little pieces, vintage labels and trendy trees (SU), chrevron stripes (PTI)
Finishing touches: woodgrain embossing folder (provocraft), buttons, stitching, blushing bride stitched-poly ribbon (SU), heart , flower, round tab, scallop oval punches, oval cutters (creative memories)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

hi there - thanks for dropping by my blog and saying hello! I love the owl card here - very detailed and so much fun. I'm new to cardmakign so I'm often on the lookout for good inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...