Saturday, March 27, 2010

Clean and simple


I love finding simple designs especially when it comes to designing male cards. Clean lines and the right colours work every time. I happened across a design at Clean and Simple Stamping blog. When it came to making the card I had the idea in mind without the sketch and gave it a go. I teamed it with this colour combo from a Spotlight flyer that I liked. My first attempt at matching papers and colours didn't work but ended up being used for the other card I made. It was fun coming up with the different textures and colours. The bonus was taking the card with some goodies delivered by my beautiful boys and hearing that it made their day! Why I love making cards. There is something special in being able to create something for someone. When I have a specific person in mind I can match colour and design to suit.

Colours: ruby red, chocolate chip, only orange, kraft
Stamps: happy birthday (kaisercraft) stripes (own design), leaves
Finishing touches: argyle cuttlebug embossing folder, red embossing powder

Colours: various patterned papers (unknown), kraft
Stamps: happy birthday (kaisercraft)
Finishing touches: argyle cuttlebug embossing folder, copper embossing powder

2 comments:

Brenda Johnston said...

I LOVE these cards! The colors are great and I love the simplicity. And you are right, great male cards!

Jaana said...

Great cards!! I love simplicity too..
Happy Easter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...