Saturday, February 13, 2010

Something a bit different


It is funny just what does inspire you. I have several cards to make in the next couple of months. I always enjoy something different. Jo I hope your birthday is fab! Thanks for your card it is fun sharing our birthday week. Hope this one brightens your day.

This card is definetely not my usual style. There are no stamps apart from the sentiment and it was simple to do. I happened to be relaxing in the spa at the local swimming pool after the boys swimming lessons and took closer note of the colours and patterns that are up on the wall. I intended to use these same colours (yellow, lime and red) as I have been trying to get inspired to use my bright colours a bit more. They looked great on the white. Once I sat down to get creating the purple seemed to sit better. Finding the eyelets that I had tucked away was a bonus. I did faux stitching with the white signo gel pen but will have to have a go at real stitching and some different designs

Colours: white, green galore, elegant eggplant, yo yo yellow
Stamps: birthday whimsy
Finishing touches: chipboard, arrows (cut on cricut), sun eyelets, white signo gel pen (SU)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...