Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My first wedding card




I have been making cards for my husbands social club at work. So far I have made baby cards so this one was a bit different especially as it is my first wedding card. I was a little stumped at first as I didn't have many stamps to work with. I started out with a flowery, glittery idea but then came across an old favourite the VW bug from Clear Dollar Stamps. So I went with something different and a lot of fun. I had to add an insert so they could all sign it. It worked well though with the way the card unfolds which I realise you can't really see in the picture. I hope they enjoy it as much as I did making it.

Colours: elegant eggplant, almost amethyst, white, so saffron
Stamps: in the bug, bugs and kisses, sometimes you're the bug, story time alpha (CDS)
Finishing touches: blossoms embossing plate (fiskars), with love borders embossing folder (cuttloebug), black embossing powder, daisy punch, white tissue paper, silver hodgepodge hardware (SU), silver rhinestones

2 comments:

Jaana said...

Great card! I love the stamped image.

tandthetroupes said...

AAAH Ultra cute. Just love this one Colleen! You have the most FAB style that I have yet been unable to CASE. Am still working on it. Much love and look forward to catching you soon. Tamara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...