Monday, November 18, 2013

Using Sentiment Cards




Pin It
I had quite forgotten I had done this card until I went through my photos.  My starting point for this card was the sentiment embellishment.  I pulled out the colours and was away.  I picked up some of the echo park sandable paper while on my travels to Canada and was keen to give it a go.  I have tried the co-ordination range and found it too thick.  The paper works well as it is still sturdy enough to sand.  It is a great chance to use the different embossing folders that I have.  I traced a circle shape onto the cardstock and then rough stitched around a couple of times.  I liked the end result. Something different to try when stitching instead of the usual around the edges that I do.

Colours:  sahara sand, baja breeze, calypso coral
Stamps: n/a
Finishing touches:  sandable paper (echo park), stitching, buttons, die cut sentiment (K&C), bird embellishment (recollections), pins (heidi grace), ruffled ribbon, victoria crochet trim and vanilla flower trim (SU), happy days measuring tape embossing folder (x-cut)

Pin It
I love Maile Belles work.  She has a beautiful simple style and she often works on different angles.  This is my take on her style using some new washi tape that I bought.  So quick and simple when all the elements are ready to go.

Colours:  white, baja breeze, night of navy
Stamps:  n/a
Finishing touches:  die cut sentiment (K&C), washi tape, buttons

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...