Thursday, October 17, 2013

One Little Word - Get messy

I have been doing the One Little Word class at Big Picture Classes.  Each month you get a prompt for the word you have chosen for the year.  Sometimes it involves crafting fun so I thought I would share the details here.  You can read more over at Sorted Life here.

I loved the whole process.  Lots of fun getting messy.  Love those prompts and challenges that push you out of your comfort zone.  Often just the process is enough to jump start other things that you have been putting on hold.


I started out with a paper that worked with the colours that I was using in the folder for One Little Word.  I pulled out some stencils that I thought might work and even made one using the new border punch that I had recently purchased.  A little sponging and paint started things off.  As I added more layers with stamps it started to come together more.  Love the end result.

Colours:  wild wasabi, going grey, basic grey, white
Stamps:  background stamp arrow (hero arts), notes (studio G), background basics inspiration (PTI) everyday (LYB), 
Finishing touches:  alpha stencil (unknown), pie chart stencil (rhonda palazzari), white and black paint, perfect pearls mist pewter (ranger), spritzer tool, chevron border punch, glitter card and linen thread (SU)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...