Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Inspired again


Something special for a good friend who shares my birthday week. The inspiration comes from a course that I found on Big Picture Scrapbooking called Embrace Life (more to come on this one later). After watching the slide show I was inspired by the kite on the page that was used in the demo. I have had the fabric strips sitting in my stash for ages and thought they would work perfectly. And they did. The colour came from there. I love to stitch and actually got out the cotton for a change instead of my faux stitching. Loved how it turned out.

Colours: rich razzleberry, very vanilla, tangerine tango and rose red
Stamps: whimsical words (SU)
Finishing touches: distress ink pumice stone (tim holtz), linen thread, fabrix flowers of steel (GinX) cotton, mat pack, button, distressing tool

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...