Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas cards



After stressing last year about getting cards made and putting together our family letter for the year I was determined that I would get ahead of myself and not be doing it at the last minute. But wouldn't you know I was actually later this year and just got them posted before Christmas. The big difference I guess has been that I didn't stress about it. I just got them done when I was able to do it. Next year however I am determined to learn my lesson. You heard it here.

I actually had a lot of fun putting together my card for this year. I wanted something different. I love looking at all the creations as I blog hop but I can't bring myself to do a winter christmas card with the snowflakes and snowmen etc. So it had to be kiwi. One of the things that sticks out for me at Christmas time is the pohutakawa as it comes in to flower in December, especially now that we have a fabulous tree in our entrance. So when I came across the pohutakawa stamp at Kiwi Impressions it got me thinking. I wanted to keep it fairly simple so carried on the pacific theme by creating a flax look background and the paua to finish it off.


Colours: crumb cake, cherry cobbler, wild wasabi
Stamps: pohutakawa (KI), wavy christmas sentiment (elzybells)
Finishing touches: texture plate basketweave (fiskars), stamps die (cuttlebug), red glitter, linedn thread (SU), paua shell (ocean shell beads)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...