Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Farewell cards

On a sadder note.  We have been farewelling friends. Our amazing family ministries pastor at church is moving to Auckland for more adventures.  So I had the opportunity to make cards for her from our home group and for her hubby from ICONZ - the boys brigade group that our boys go to. I love being able to do cards that are specific to the person that is receiving them.  I managed to catch a photo of one of the cards and am gutted that I didn't take one of the other.  For both I started with a dictionary page word.  This one is taken from this card on my cards for him board on Pinterest.

Pin It
Colours:  white, not quite navy, tangerine tango, black
Stamps:  monster mash (CDS), happy trails (PTI), notes (studio G)
Finishing touches:  dictionary page, for the record paper (EP), stitching, dimensionals, speech bubbles punch (EKS), rockies edging scissors


And another farewell card was needed for someone at my Husbands work.  I kept the same theme going with the dictionary page and was inspired by the new Stampin Up mini catalogue pg 10, to use dots and the colours.

Pin It
Colours:  white, going grey, black, daffodil delight, taken with teal
Stamps:  little pieces and ciao baby (SU), happy trails (PTI),  arrow (studio g)
Finishing touches:  stitching, watercolour brush, dictionary page, washi tape, charcoal bakers twine (the twinery), petite curly label punch (SU)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...