Sunday, October 24, 2010

A card for sale


I often get asked how do I come up with the cards that I make. Usually it starts with a bit of inspiration. This one is for a lady at my husbands work who is leaving. As his social club buys them from me I like to make sure they are well thought out. It started with wanting to use my new spellbinder nestie Labels 1 and using one of the flower patterns that we made at stamp club. I came up with the idea of a quilted look with the squares and the DSP fitted well. It was then a case of fitting other colours and going through my stash to pull out stamps and embellishments to match. Voila! A bit here and a find there.

Colours: chocolate chip, very vanilla, certainly celery
Stamps: natural beauty (SU), impressions (bella!), grid (Kaiser)
Finishing touches: scallop posy flower, , pearls (kaiser), spellbinder labels 1, pear pizzazz stitched-poly ribbon and vintage brad (SU), faux stitching

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...