Friday, June 10, 2011

Dabbling in digital


I have been considering having a look into the world of digital scrapbooking and have finally taken the plunge and had a look at what is available. I love the fact that you can use recent photos and size them to what you want. The biggest question is the quality when printing them out and how they fear with age. What I have come to realise is that there are so many different ways to tell your story. When I started scrapbooking I was going to scrap all my photos! Then I entered the world of digital and like many people I talk to was quickly overwhelmed with how big a job that would be. I have come back to much simpler layouts {using white backgrounds and less embellishments} to bring the focus back to the story. It may be that instead of photo albums I have CD albums. I am enjoying my scrapbooking so much more. Mainly because I am doing something. And I still get to play with all those fabulous products and techniques when I make my cards. After all if you aren't enjoying it then its just another chore.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Colleen, I just found your blog and I love your work. I think it was your profile that really took me in, and made me smile. I hope you stop by my blog and follow me as well.
Judy

Lynn said...

Colleen, this layout is beautiful. Can't wait to see more of them! Love the clean design!

Your question on my blog about bows with buttons is that I use seam binding versus grosgrain or satin ribbon. It isn't as thick so it makes it easier to push the button down. Hope that helps!

Linda said...

Hi Colleen, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.-its nice to meet you-if only in blog land.
I too have dabbled in digital but much prefer hybrid as i am a touchy feely person, i use quite a few digital images on my LO's. Your LO is wonderful and the photos are way to cute-gosh it takes me back, love the white space.
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...