Saturday, August 21, 2010

Into my boys cards


Thanks to a loan of mags (thanks Shona) and a night out scrapping with a friend (thanks Jo) I have finally got on to doing my boy cards. Armed with a bit of inspiration and a few bits and pieces thrown into my crop bag I was surprised by the end result. This card is for my nephew over in Canada. It is made nice and early so hopefully I will get on to sending it in time, which seems to be my downfall at the moment.

I started with the superhero stamp from Pink Cat Studios Billy stamps. I had put in some of my boy pages and the stars one seemed to fit. I intended to have squares of the same size but cut them too big and so added the smaller blue ones to break it up. I have been wanting to get the label dies from spellbinders because I like the look but it is still on my wish list. So this label is actually stencil cut from a label that I got on some clothes I purchased recently. I love stitching but not always the time involved especially getting out my big machine for zig zag. So thanks to a tip from one of the mags I read I had a go at faux stitching zig zag. Finished it a treat!

Colour: kraft, pumpkin pie, ballet blue, going grey
Stamps: billy (PCS)
Finishing touches: faux stitching

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...