Thursday, June 17, 2010

June Stamp Club challenge



Our challenge for this month was a recycled card. This had me stumped for a bit until I got on to sorting my stash of 3D items that I have been meaning to sort for some time. I needed to match up templates and put to rest some well worn used ones. In the end I had enough for two cards. I think I used every last scrap. The first one came from a tissue box that I had actually punched out the wrong way and couldn't use. As I was looking for the name of the colour from the other card I stumbled on a card that I CASEd from the 2007-2008 Idea Catalogue (p6). I was really pleased with the end result and I was even inspired to drag out my stitching machine instead of doing faux stitching.

Colours: basic gray, baja breeze
Stamps: vintage labels and birthday whimsy (SU)
Finishing touches: recycled DSP, striped grosgrain ribbon baja breeze (SU) button, silver brad, white thread

The second card came together in minutes and was completely recycled apart from the base card that I used. I just added the sentiment.
Colours: river rock, always artichoke
Stamps: vintage labels and whimsical words (SU)
Finishing touches: recycled DSP, recycled stitched grosgrain ribbon river rock, recycled silver brads, recycled round tab punch out, piercing tool

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...